AJ Personnel: Wage Payroll Administrator
A Wage Payroll Administrator vacancy exists at one of our clients, a long established Manufacturing Group, Western Suburbs of Johannesburg. R25k p.m. – R30k pm
Duties & Responsibilities
- Completed Grade 12 / Matric with Maths / NQF 4 essential.
- Relevant tertiary related qualification related to HR / Payroll / VIP.
- MS Office proficient, particularly on MS Outlook, advance Excel essential.
- Min 5 – 10 years’ relevant working experience working with VIP Payroll essential, with personnel administration experience mainly working with Bargaining Council Agreements.
- Sound knowledge of the Furniture Bargaining Council Agreements Nationally, advantageous.
- Understand the principles of personnel and payroll administration.
- Proficient in working with numbers, doing accurate calculations and administration.
- Knowledge and understanding of legal requirements related to personnel administration and financial record-keeping requirements.
Maintenance of the Time & Attendance system (T&A)
- Uploading and terminating employees where applicable on the T&A system, as and when required
- Update and maintain employee information on the T&A system at all times
- Generate various T&A reports on a daily, weekly and monthly basis as and when required
- Ensure time settings on the T&A system is accurate and correct at all times
- Interact with relevant service providers regarding maintenance on T&A systems and turnstiles
- Maintain shift parameters on the T&A system as required (for Jhb site & Woodstuff, if required)
- Ensure that all weekly timesheet reports are correctly authorised (Jhb factory only).
VIP Wage Payroll Administration
- Accurately adding new employees and activating them onto the VIP payroll system.
- Recording, updating and maintaining of all wage employee information records on the VIP payroll system such as movements, transfers, increases, terminations etc.
- Coordination of obtaining all required employee information from HR, Managers, Supervisors etc. needed for payroll processing and wage personnel administration.
- Ensure compliance with Furniture Bargaining Council (FBC) collective agreements and monthly FBC circulars in conjunction with Divisional HR Manager and Financial Manager.
- Ensure all statutory, FBC collective agreements and circulars deductions are accurately and correctly administrated into VIP.
- Ensure the correct methods of calculations are followed on all FBC Main Collective Agreements / Circulars and Statutory deductions and linked accordingly for all Wage employees on VIP.
- Loading any other ad hoc deductions such as garnishees, union membership etc. onto VIP.
- Ensure all applicable Masterfile changes on VIP are accurate and approved by level of authorisation before changes made, e.g. bank detail changes, rate changes, change in status etc.
- Processing all relevant leave records for all wage employees.
- Importing payroll information from T&A records into VIP, and verifying the accuracy thereof.
- Investigate and action all payroll related queries raised by employees.
- Generate all wage payslips and issue to department supervisors (JHB) and factories (WS,CPT & KZN).
- Administrate and compile monthly FBC Excel return reports in required Council formats.
- Preparing ad hoc reports on VIP as and when required
- Submit monthly reports and returns to JHB, CPT and KZN Bargaining Councils and ensure they are accurate, correct and meet their compliance standards
- Ensure correct and accurate reconciliations performed monthly once assessment returns are received from relevant Councils.
- Submit monthly and annual HR reports to the Divisional HR Manager and HR Officers regionally
- Submit monthly Wage Employee Master listings of JHB, Woodstuff, CPT and KZN to the Divisional HR Manager and HR Officers regionally
- Monitoring of leave balances and reporting excessive leave balances to HR
- Assist with ad hoc requests for reports or payroll information from the HR or Operations department
- Prepare accurate month-end schedules for payments on all five payrolls timeously
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV – Please Apply Online
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- Please note AJ Personnel is responsible for the recruitment process.
- Our client may expire jobs at their own discretion.
- AJ PERSONNEL will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
- If you have not received a response within two (2) weeks from applying, your application was most likely unsuccessful.