Responsible for facilitating and defining business requirements and ensuring translation into effective business solutions. This is a 6 month contract position based at the Head Office in Cape Town City Centre.
TECHNICAL AND FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES
• Relevant 3 year Information Technology or business-related qualification
• Minimum of 3 years Business/Process Analysis experience, preferably within Customer/Marketing, Online & Mobile areas.
• Working knowledge of relevant methodology and tools e.g. Process modelling tools, project management methodologies (Waterfall, Agile Scrum etc).
• Proven experience in leading solution design workshops
• Expert knowledge in delivering typical Business Analysis Artefacts
• Faculty Training Institute Business Analysis qualification advantageous
• Research technology-related concepts, trends and best practices, and apply findings
• Synthesize data from different sources to identify trends
• Present problem analysis and a recommended solution rather than just identifying and describing the problem itself
• Monitor and track progress to ensure delivery of all planned commitments, and keep the appropriate people informed
• Prepare clear, well-structured presentations using a variety of tools and techniques.
• Prepare written reports and briefs and communicates ideas clearly.
• Genuinely cultivate personal bonds with colleagues in order to enhance performance throughout the organization.
• Adjust to work effectively within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures
• Actively seek out positive spin-offs of change and investigate ways in which change can be used
• Develop a Business Analysis Approach in project execution or investigation
o Understand project context to determine applicable BPA approach
• Lead the definition and review of business processes
o Understand current business processes and define future business processes
o Document future business process/es
• Facilitate Business requirements workshops or sessions to elicit and define system requirements
o Plan and execute business requirements elicitation sessions/workshops
o Develop Business Requirement Specifications
• Participate in solution design workshops
o Develop Functional Requirement Specifications
o Provide input to System Requirement Specification and other Technical oriented documents
• Contribute in development of testing and training materials
o Document test scenarios and review test cases
o Assist testing capability in ensuring that new system meet requirements
o Coordinate and lead User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
o Provide input and review training material
As a proud South African brand, Woolworths is committed to transformation. Meeting our employment equity goals will be taken into account in our recruitment decisions.