Winter Cereal Trust (WCT) invites students to apply for Bursary Programme for 2021.
Bursary application Closing date is 31 August 2020
The most important conditions of the bursaries are as follows:
- Students must be South African citizens
- The bursaries are for Masters and Doctoral study
- Three bursaries per annum will be allocated to Black students busy with their final year of undergraduate studies and/or honours degree depending on the availability of funds.
- The field of study must be relevant to the Small Grains Industry
- The topic for the thesis must be approved by the Winter Cereal Trust.
- A Mentor and Co-Promot or (where applicable) for the study programme must be nominated and, together with the University where the study will be undertaken, must be approved by the Winter Cereal Trust
- Students will be expected to work in the Small Grains Industry for a period that is the same length as the period of study
- The bursary amount will be approximately R64 135 per year for one year for an undergraduate or Honours degree, R 77 698per year for two years for MSc students and R94 965 per year for three years for PhD students
How to apply
Download and complete the Winter Cereal Trust Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Students should download and read the Winter Cereal Trust Bursary Agreement (.pdf) before applying. Please note that you do not need to submit this document with your application, it is simply for informational purposes.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record (on tertiary letterhead)
- Qualification certificates (certified copies)
- Colour photograph (passport sized)
- Full Curriculum Vitae
- Research proposal for research project
- Motivational letter (why your research proposal will be valuable to the Small Grains Industry)
- Mentor’s letter of support
- Mentor’s motivation letter for your research project
- Co-Promotor’s letter of support
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
Winter Cereal Trust
PO Box 7088
Agri-hub Office Park
477 Witherite Road
3) Fax: 086 617 9409
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit Govnet.co.za