The W&RSETA hereby invites all public and private TVET and HET institutions to apply for undergraduate bursaries for students that intend to, or are currently studying towards programmes that are aligned to the W&RSETA Hard-to-Fill Vacancies listed below.
• Retail Business Management • Food Technology / Food Security • Supply Chain Management • Logistics Management • Financial Accounting • Financial Management • Human Resources • Credit Management • Operations Management • Marketing • Clothing Production • Information Technology • Retail Pharmacy • Hospitality and Catering Services / Chef • Office Administration • Business Management / Administration • Health and Safety • Visual Merchandising
The W&RSETA will consider applications for degrees and diplomas that address the above priority skills for the sector at NQF levels 5-8.
TVET institutions may apply for NCV Levels 2-4 and Nated N4 – N6 qualifications in relation to the above occupations.
• The following Institutions are invited to apply for bursary funding:
Public HETIs and TVETCsPrivate HETIs and TVET collegesBursary service providers / Bursary administrators Application Process:
• Applications are to be made using the attached Bursary Application Form
• A comprehensive Costing Schedule must accompany the application. • All application forms must be submitted to the Regional Office by 31 August 2020.
• Stakeholders are reminded that the W&RSETA will not fund post graduate programmes for the 2020/2021 financial period as a result of the SDL payment holiday announced in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Institutions must submit the following documentation with their application as proof of registration and programme accreditation:
SAQA registration number for the programme/qualification
Proof of CHE registration (approved letter from the CHE)
Proof of DHET registration (DHET certificate)
• Successful institutions will enter into an agreement with the W&RSETA for the duration of the study period of the funded students.
• Institutions must provide the W&RSETA with the following documents upon successful conclusion of an MOU to award the bursary funding:
List of selected students
Cost schedule per course and per student
Proof of registration at the institution
Bursary Agreement (signed between student and the W&RSETA)
Certified copies of identity documents of the students (not older than 6 months)
• Institutions will be responsible for the recruitment and registration of qualifying students.
• South African citizens (below 35 years)
• Accepted or registered with the institution in relation to the fields listed above
Funding Structure: Full fees as prescribed by the institution • Tuition fees: Full fees as prescribed by the institution • Accommodation: Must be a recognised residence and rates capped as prescribed by the institution • Book Allowance: Cost of books as recommended by the institution
Include stationery, printing, data and electronic devices as prescribed by the institution • Meals: Capped at R18 000 per annum and will be paid to the institution • Transport: To be determined by the institution
For any assistance please contact your nearest regional office on the details below.