Western Cape Department of Agriculture hereby invites applications for recruitment to the post of Scientist. The application will close on 24th August 2020.
Location: Western Cape
Western Cape Department of Agriculture advertised post is as follows:
- SCIENTIST (PRODUCTION LEVEL): CLIMATE CHANGE AND RISK ASSESSMENT REF NO: AGR 10/2020 R1
- Science Degree (Bsc) (Hon) in Agriculture or an appropriate 4 year Agricultural Degree;
- Compulsory registration with the SACNASP as a professional Natural Scientist in Agricultural Sciences;
- A minimum of 3 years post qualification natural scientific experience in climate change and risk related disciplines;
- A valid code B driving licence.
- An MSc or Ph.D Degree;
- Sound knowledge and experience on climate change and its role in the agricultural sector, preferably in the Western Cape.
- Research Programme and Project Management and its principles (scientific methodologies and data analysis, including Budget Management);
- Understanding of regulations/policies/prescripts and procedures in government;
- Ability to do technology transfer to various stakeholder groups;
- Ability to publish popular publications and scientific papers;
- Communication (written, verbal and presentation) skills;
- Proven computer literacy in MS Office;
- Excellent interpersonal relations;
- Ability to work under pressure.
How to apply
ENQUIRIES: Dr I Trautmann at Tel No: (021) 808 5012