Team Leader – Retail Factory Outlet (CPT)
Reporting to the Distribution Center Manager. The purpose of this role will be to lead the daily activities of the centralized Retail Factory Outlet function and team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead efforts to ensure all products and stock is received correctly and in a method that is acceptable to internal customers.
- Train new team members on all receiving, packing, and dispatching process and provide continued follow up.
- Ensure all picking deadlines and priority cut-off times are met.
- Track and maintain productivity standards, continuously assessing staff, supplies and equipment needs.
- Manage inventory tracking system to record deliveries, dispatchments and stock levels.
- Evaluate deliveries, dispatchments and product levels to improve inventory control procedures.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Provide coaching assistance to the Retail Factory Outlet Team members while maintaining all company policies and procedures.
- Helping to attract and retain qualified and motivated workforce while fostering new ideas for improvements from direct reports.
- Continuously develop direct reports by coaching. Document progress and ensure Warehouse Assistants are cross trained to provide adequate coverage in key processes.
- Assist with the evaluation of employee performance, handling disciplinary issues and maintaining an environment of respect and accountability to promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate.
Health & Safety
- Accountable for the compliance to company safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure housekeeping standards are always maintained.
- Carry out investigations into any accidents or near-miss incidents.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Essential: Matric Certificate
- Desirable: Degree or Diploma in Supply Chain Management
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Distribution/Warehousing in the Retail Footwear/Apparel/Fashion Industry.
- Minimum 3 years in directly managing people to deliver results.
- Knowledge of warehouse layout and flow design.
- Attention to detail
- Deciding and initiating action
- Ability to persuade and influence
- Ability to adapt and respond to change
- Ability to cope with pressure and setbacks
Skills and Abilities
- Interpersonal skills
- Numerical skills
- Negotiation skills
- Communication skills
- Planning and organising skills
- Problem-solving skills