Brand Manager (CPT) – Reporting to the Merchandise Executive
As the Brand Custodian of a well-known Menswear Apparel brand, the Brand Manager’s primary responsibility is to buy or develop product and to provide a balanced product range and assortment of merchandise in line with the company strategy.
The Brand Manager will also be responsible for building and fostering a close relationship with the Brand Principal and will be directly accountable for the effective leadership and profitable management of the brand. Working closely with the Buyers, Planners and Production team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for driving the brand strategy to achieve a financial performance in line with Brand positioning and agreed objectives.
- Responsible for leading full buying process for the brand including range architecture and development, design, production and procurement of seasonal product ranges.
- Build and develop professional relationships with manufacturers and suppliers and leading price negotiations with these providers (based locally and overseas).
- Coordinate planning and budgeting incl. post seasonal analysis, market feedback, trend analysis, and retail shopping lists.
- Collaborate with Planning to agree sales plan, profitability targets and pricing architecture.
- Collaborate with Marketing to effectively develop and execute the brand marketing strategy.
- Build and develop professional relationships with the Brand Principal, key customers & accounts.
- Ensure the range satisfies both the wholesale and retail strategies and provide input to both these channels.
- Collaborate with Retail Operations to co-ordinate seasonal retail and wholesale VM strategy and to successfully implement all VM guidelines in line with Brand standards.
- Guide & influence all Brand DNA experiences in both retail and wholesale channels.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Buying, Product Development or Brand Management.
- 5-8 years’ experience in a Brand / Buying Management capacity.
- Experience in a Fashion/Retail environment advantageous.
- Experience in having travelled to the East and managed supplier negotiations.
- Knowledge and understanding of garment construction and design.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Good problem-solving skills and a creative approach for new ideas
- High level of organisation
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Ability to travel
- Attitude: Enthusiastic, positive “can do” attitude with regards to work and motivates others to do the same
- Ownership: Assumes responsibility for his/her own job, tasks, and actions
- Commitment: Working with urgency and focus to be successful in achieving individual and company goals. Always looks after the best interest of the team and the company
- Drive & Energy: Proactive, always ensuring that everything is achieved in the most productive way with a sense of purpose
- Delivery: At all times acting with integrity, providing quality service, being reliable and responsible. Taking time out to understand client, customer, and business needs. Always meeting and exceeding expectations
- Relationships: Treating one another with respect, providing support to one another, working co-operatively and making our work environment a fun and enjoyable place
- Communication: Encouraging a culture of understanding, honesty and transparency by sharing relevant information with fellow colleagues and departments in a timeous and effective manner
- Integrity: Demonstrating sound ethical and moral principles at work. Being honest, and open with co-workers and managers
- Quality: Produces work of a high standard that is complete, accurate and in the correct format; checks the accuracy of own work; identifies and corrects errors