With their HQ in London, our client found their success through approaching their ‘workforce’ differently;
Implementing the concept of ‘Smart Resourcing’, they assist their clients in increasing their resources, reduce costs, improve their cash flow and reinvesting considerable savings into innovative growth strategies – outgunning all of their competition.
With offshore locations, such as Romania and Cape Town, our client are looking to scale their operation by hiring the best talent for their already winning team!
As a result of our successful transition to remote working due to COVID-19, we are really proud to be in a position to grow our outstanding tech team. We need a Backend Engineer to join us and help us take our tech offering to a new level. This is an environment that offers challenging work that can make a difference. As the Backend Engineer, the ability to engage in design discussions and help to drive engineering practices.
Responsibilities will include producing code in adherence to agreed standards, and working closely with the product, production and content teams to develop user interface concepts. This position will require previous experience of API Architecture, web development. Demonstrable exposure to DDD and relational databases, will form an integral part of this position.
Main priorities for the Backend Engineer will include delivery of high-quality well-tested software and providing input to the design. Overall the Backend Engineer will be an integral member of the backend software development team, proactively keeping abreast of industry updates, skills and technologies. Our team continuously shares information, ideas and best practice to improve software quality and delivery.
Education, Experience and Skills Required
- Upper Class Science or Computer related degree or equivalent industry experience
- 3+ years of experience in web development
- Engage in architectural discussions and driving engineering practices towards excellence
- Experience working with an agile development team (SCRUM, Kanban etc)
- Experience working with Version control (Git, bitbucket etc)
- Fluent developing on a Linux/Mac-based environment.
- Experience with at least 1 PHP MVC framework
- Experience writing modern OO PHP (PHP 7.1+)
- Automated testing tools and practices, such as PHPunit
- Comfortable using Linux CLI
- Good knowledge of Design patterns
- Experience with API
- Exposure to Docker and AWS
- Experience working relational Databases
- Strong written ability and excellent communication skills
- Work from home (Line manager approved)
- Dedicated wellness manager – Think yoga, mindfulness, nutrition classes, bake-offs etc.
- Competitive basic salary with OTE