Buying Manager: Sportscene
In Sportscene we believe that we inspire the love of sneakers and street culture. We offer a blend of sports and street brands that are relevant, providing the street-conscious youth with a unique environment where Sneakers are King.
An opportunity has become available in our buying team for a Buying Manager with a focus on own brand (Redbat).
This position requires a high-energy, self-motivated individual with strong people management skills and the ability to develop and manage key strategic own brand partnerships. The successful applicant must be comfortable with working in a fast paced environment and be results-driven.
As a Buying Manager, your key responsibilities will be:
- Lead and develop a buying team to conceptualise and implement the merchandise strategy for Own Brand in line with the overall Sportscene company strategy
- Deliver on all the desired KPI’s.
- Support the buying team in building trend-led ranges within range/price architecture.
- Implementation of own brand strategy.
- Ensure successful execution of product / range strategy in store and online in collaboration with suppliers, brands, store operations, planning, marketing and logistics teams
- Establish and/or develop sustainable supplier relationships for brand and own brand
- Be a strategic thinker in order to adapt and maximise all business opportunities
- Ensure reliable source of supply through sound process and effective supplier relationships
- Negotiate terms with suppliers in line with overall margin, service and quality targets
- Ensure that assigned team is effectively resourced, directed, motivated and developed to enable team members to reach their full potential
- Drive and develop the performance of the team with a view to optimise delivery and achievement of objectives whilst effectively managing performance issues or concerns
- Be actively involved in relevant Group projects
- Margin management and reporting, as well as managing imports and forex
To apply you need to be/ have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- Minimum 2 – 3 years working experience at a management level, incl. people / team management.
- Minimum 10 years relevant buying / merchandise experience is essential
- Proven track record in building and maintaining strategic supplier relationships
- Proven track record and ability to drive a merchandise strategy by demonstrating innovative and creative thinking
- Ability to persuade and influence both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work well under pressure and deliver to aggressive deadlines, incl. problem solving
- Exceptional analytical ability to effectively evaluate and drive functional KPIs, incl. sales growth, PIS, CSOH, input- and maintained margins, stock turn, clearance
- Strong written and verbal communication at all levels of organisation
- Proven leadership and People management ability
Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups in terms of the Employment Equity Act.