Skip to content
October 26, 2020
Scaw South Africa (Pty) Ltd: Roll Turner
- On a dayshift basis, turn plant equipment components according to design parameters and tolerances, whilst adhering to S.H.E.Q and quality standards.
- Produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machine; conventional copy machine, notching machine and grinding machine.
- Be able to select material to be used for turn pieces and plan consumables needed for turning as per job cards.
- Fit and secure work piece in turning shop machines.
- Turn, shape, mill work pieces and compare turned work piece with template/drawings.
- Justify repair ability of damaged plant components.
- Identify and fix work piece turning deviations.
- Ensure all turning equipment is maintained.
- Communicate work activities and administrate work related documents.
- Maintain management information systems.
- Calculate the amount of material to be fed into the machine, and make adjustments to the operating speed based on vibrations and sounds that may indicate a malfunction.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Plans stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders for stock; verifying receipt of stock.
- Monitors and operates CNC (computer numerically controlled) lathe machines to cut metal parts for the manufacturing industry.
- Run machine and monitors it for problems.
- Load materials into CNC machine to be shaped.
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Standard 10/Grade 12/ N6 with Maths and Science essential.
- Trade tested preferably a Roll Turner.
Experience & Skill:
- 8 years’ experience in the similar position.
- Experience in Machine, Roller Shop, Roll Turning and Grinding.
- Knowledge of CNC programming.