Robben-Island Museum invites unemployed graduates to apply Occupational Health and Safety Internship Programme 2021.
Internship Application deadline is 13 January 2021
Internship Location: Cape Town, Western Cape
Stipend: R70 715.00 per annum
Description: Robben Island Museum is inviting applications to apply for the Occupational Health and Safety Internship Opportunity.
The above mentioned positions is available in the Infrastructure and Facility Management Department. The incumbent will report to the SHEQ Officer and will assist with the Occupational Health and Safety compliance at Robben Island Museum.
The Internship is for 12 months and all the opportunity for an individual to gain experience in the field of Operational Health and Safety.
• Ensuring ongoing and continual improvement with regards to Occupational Health and Safety;
• Assist with the development, implementation and monitoring of the Covid 19 Response Plan
• Serve as Covid 19 Compliant Marshalls to assist with the implementation and enforcement of Covid 19 rules and Regulations.
• Assist with developing, implementing, and improving the health and safety plans, programmes and procedures in Robben Island and all other administrative offices;
• Assisting to ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation; Identifying OHS-related training needs in the workplace;
• Assist with safety inspections and risk assessments; Investigating workplace accidents; Reporting on OHS-related activities;
• Assisting in compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments to support Health; Maintaining relevant OHS logs and documentation; Assisting in the compliance of applicable laws and regulations; Preparing applicable OHS reports as necessary;
• Provide assistance and advice on OHS issues to make recommendations to RIM;
• Participate in incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis; and Audits;
• Assist with incident prevention for the benefit of employees, contractors and visitors;
• Assisting in the development and presentation of relevant OHS training to employees, contractors and visitors;
• Observing OHS regulations, wears all required safety equipment, encourages safe working practices, corrects obvious hazards immediately or reports them to the proper personnel; Implementing the Integrated Disaster Risk Management Plan recommendations and plans;
• Ability to work with employees and achieve cultural change in the face of potential resistance;
• Maintaining positive and proactive relations with managers, employees, contractor as well as our customers and regulatory agencies; performing other work related tasks as required.
- Degree/ National Diploma in Safety management will serve advantage;
- Must have completed Grade 12;
- Be computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Be able to be on standby and report for duty when required.
- Be an outgoing type of person / personality (Not shy / quite);
- Be a team player, follow strict targets, sober habit;
- People skills, good organising skills, open minded and independent thinker.
How to apply
Forward a detailed CV, accompanied by certified copies of your ID and qualification(s) as well as contactable & traceable referees, to [email protected] or by no later than closing date.
RIM is an EE & AA employer, RIM reserves the right not to make an appointment if suitable candidate is not found.
Note: If you do not hear from us within 30 days, please consider your application unsuccessful. Please note your attachment should not exceed 10MB:
For latest South African lastest Internships, Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Bursaries follow / like our Facebook page StudentRoom