KEY RESULT AREAS
SALES & CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Generate sales to budget by ensuring wanted merchandise is on display and all staff provide customer service, product knowledge and sales skills; breaking down sales budgets to daily objectives; analysing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provide superior customer service by providing staff with selling, service and product knowledge skills and establishing rapport with customers in order to initiate sales.
- Deal with customer service issues such as queries and complaints.
- Walk the sales floor regularly, talking to customers and identifying or resolving issues.
- Ensure stores KPI’s (Key Performance Indicator’s) are met with regards to sales.
- Continually assess store’s performance and provide feedback to buying department as necessary to improve sales.
- Support the management of customer service activities and staff competence so as to optimize and sustain sales performance and customer satisfaction.
- Clearly and concisely communicate company and store objectives to staff so that they remain well informed of business activity and of their required contribution to targets.
- Identify the store’s under-performance and develop and communicate issues causing under performance.
- Provide a high standard of visual merchandising by ensuring merchandise is attractively displayed and where appropriate grouped into merchandise categories or themes; review merchandise activities and initiate actions/recommendations as appropriate.
- Ensure wanted merchandise is available by regularly reviewing stock and ensuring product is ordered and in stock according to customer’s needs; ensure new wanted lines are reviewed with Management.
- Ensure that shrinkage is kept under control and within the allocated KPI (Key Performance Indicator) for store concerned.
- Liaise with the Buying and Merchandising teams regarding the supply of stock, to maximize stock to sales potential.
- Ensure that visual presentation within your store is of a high standard and in line with any instructions received.
- Ensure that staff KPI’s (Key Performance Indicator’s) for their various roles are monitored and corrective action/disciplinary action taken where necessary.
- Develop an effective network of communication within the store between all staff members to ensure shared knowledge and understanding of business activity.
- Recruit and ensure the full implementation of induction program for new staff and monitor ongoing performance needs and training.
- Ensure full understanding of disciplinary procedures to maintain discipline within a store and take disciplinary action as per company policy when required.
- Effectively manage the performance of all staff to drive and maximize the sales performance in the store.
- To identify individuals with potential for development and growth within the company and communicate this to your Area Manager.
- Continually be on the lookout for candidates outside the company who could add value to the company.
- Ensure the achievement of PDP (personnel development plan) objectives within the store on a quarterly basis.
- Create a positive environment that results in stable retention and reduction of labour turnover.
- Maintain a good standard of appearance and hygiene as per company guidelines.
- Ensure that all staff adhere to compliance requirements in all areas of operational activity, company policies and procedures.
- Maintain the operational standard of the store by initiating, coordinating and enforcing store operational policies and procedures and give training when required.
- Have knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the company’s POS.
- Attend training as and when required by management.
- Support the effective delivery of all marketing campaigns in line with any instructions received.
- Seek and continuously develop knowledge of competitor activity and local market conditions, with the purpose of being able to make appropriate and innovative recommendations to management to drive the business forward.
- Identify trends and make suggestions to improve and enhance product performance and drive our brands through feedback from your staff.
- Ensure a daily routine of in store housekeeping is initiated as per company standards.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by Management.
- Ensure all maintenance issues related to your store are dealt with or reported to Area Manager should assistance be required.
- Ensure a high level of security within the store as per company security policy.
- Store keys and safe keys to be kept in a secure location at all times.
- Ensure store is securely locked up at the end of each day and if present alarm activated.
- Ensure all banking is secure in safe before leaving premises.
- Ensure all staff are familiar with and adhere to the company’s searching policy.
- Ensure any theft regardless of nature is reported to Management.
- Ensure that when opening/closing the store two or more persons are present.
- Achieve store sales targets as directed by Management.
- Achieve stock loss targets as directed by Management.
- Achieve staff salary targets as directed by Management.
- Achieve all compliance requirements with regards to admin, HR, security, cash-ups and banking for the store.
- Achieve expense budget targets.
- Ensure the store’s KPI’s are achieved.
- Due to nature of job ensure that you are reachable at all times on either the store phone or your cell phone and if you may be unreachable for a period of time that Head Office and Area Manager is advised.
- Ensure understanding and implementation of good labour practice as stipulated by the Labour Act.
- Have a good knowledge and understanding of the HR Manuals Policies and Procedures.
- Be fully aware of the company’s Health and Safety policy, Basic Conditions of Employment and Employment Equity.
- Undertake any other duties related to your role as directed by Management.
KPI’S (KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS)
- Achieve an average shrinkage (stock loss) of 0.4% or below for your store at every scheduled stock take.
- Achieve a 90% score on your monthly store audits conducted by Management.
- Achieve Sales Budgets.
- Achieve Staff Budgets.