Company leads the way in transport ticketing, implementing and managing automated fare collection, payments, access and passenger information systems for customers around the globe. For the past 30 years we have focused solely on the transport ticketing industry, and we continuously strive to be innovative leaders. With projects in more than 200 cities across the globe, we are passionate about providing a better customer journey.
New position being created, as the reporting line will be changing as the Principle is in the UK. Suitable person will have an excellent understanding of the programming environment to work on clients specifications. The programming team mostly codes in MS technologies such as C#, C and Embedded.
Reporting to the Principal Solutions Architect the Solutions Architect will be responsible for total ownership of the technical solution and serves as the primary technical point of contact for Company. The Solutions Architect will work with the project team and customers to document the solution provided, with a focus on scope management and ensuring traceability to contract requirements. This includes leading customer design workshops, documenting and diagramming the proposed system including integrations, and facilitating the customer sign-off of design documentation within the contract schedule and budget.
Following design sign-off, the Solutions Architect will be responsible for working closely with internal and external teams to ensure that implementation is consistent with the approved design and that the solution will meet all contract requirements. The Solutions Architect must also manage customer expectations throughout implementation as well as participating in functional demonstrations led by the System Integrations team.
The Solutions Architect will work closely with the project team, specifically supporting Program and Project Management updates to the customer throughout the delivery phase. Once the system is in operation, the Solutions Architect will develop and implement plans for the continuous improvement of the operational system, including leading the design and implementation of requested new functionality and changes to existing functionality for the solution.
Conduct an analysis and design sustainable solutions for initiatives based on the development and implementation aligned with customer strategies. Strong background in developing integrations, consulting with customers to understand their objectives, and leveraging technology to drive business value.
● Leading the Systems Engineering Process for the design, development, and deployment of end-to-end solutions for customers of company.
● Leading the development of system specifications and other technical documentation.
● Leading the technical interaction with 3 rd party suppliers of solution components to ensure successful integration.
● Coordinating system development tasks including design, integration, and formal testing.
● Managing customer expectations regarding system functionality and performance.
● Overseeing the transition of the system into revenue service.
● Providing oversight and guidance in troubleshooting and optimizing the system during operations.
● Managing the technical evolution of the customer solution in line with the product. strategy to ensure quality and stability, while avoiding technical debt.
● Identifying new market requirements and working with Business Analysts to document and submit requirements and feature requests for Product Team consideration.
Desired Experience & Qualifications
● Experience as a Solutions Architect on large complex system implementations involving the integration of components from several suppliers.
● Experience and/or knowledge of fare collection technology and/or payment solutions.
● Experience in complex distributed systems (hardware and software) delivery.
● Proven experience in architecting complex enterprise solutions.
● Experience in delivering large systems to contracted requirements based on a fixed schedule and budget.
● Experience in leadership of outsourced software development.
● Relevant payment or security training/qualifications.
● Qualification in Cloud technologies.
● Security-related qualification.
● A formal enterprise architecture framework (TOGAF or similar) and architectural modelling.
● Preferably experience either in transit technology, contactless payments (including familiarity with EMV and PCI-DSS), or both.