A Large Bank is looking for a permanent employee with the following: A Cloud Engineer who can seamlessly mesh tech know- how with business acumen to help us navigate all our cloud computing needs, including infrastructure design, maintenance, support and planning, and everything in between. Not only are you experienced in cloud-based tech, but you have a firm grasp of IaaS technologies, platforms and applications, and have intimate knowledge of how best to customise these attributes to their business to help them become more secure and efficient. Not only can you help them connect the dots and evolve their cloud capabilities over time, but you’re also evolving your own capabilities as an engineer and keeping an eye on developments that can support their expansion—and help them implement those, too.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering; Master’s degree a plus.
– Certification as an AWS Solutions Architect, Cloud Security Certification, and/or OpenStack Administrator Certification a plus. (Other cloud-related certification also a plus.)
– Five years’ experience in developing software using languages such as Java,
– Python, C++ or Ruby.
– Experience with SOA applications and cloud-based services, preferably AWS.
– Experience working with OpenStack, Linux/UNIX, Rackspace, Docker and Microsoft Azure.
– Three to five years’ experience in a Cloud Engineer role or related position.
– Knowledge of web services, API, REST and RPC.
– Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and distributed networks.
– Database experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL, and related data stores such as Postgres.
– Extensive experience with open-source technology, software development and system engineering.
– Excellent communication and organisational skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a busy workspace.
– Interest in Cloud Engineering and its impact on greater business practices.
– Skilled at working in tandem with a team of engineers, or alone as required.
– Working in tandem with our engineering team to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for the company.
– Planning, designing and developing cloud-based applications.
– Managing cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines.
– Deploying and debugging cloud initiatives as needed in accordance with best practices throughout the development lifecycle.
– Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required.
– Employing exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they snowball into problems.
– Using your extensive knowledge of APIs to design RESTful services, and integrate them with existing data providers, using JSON or XML as needed.
– Lead and develop best practices for larger Cloud Engineer team.
– Building and designing web services in the cloud, along with implementing the set-up of geographically redundant services.
– Orchestrating and automating cloud-based platforms throughout the company.
– Stay current with industry trends, making recommendations as needed to help the company excel.