NORTH-WEST UNIVERSITY (POTCHEFTSROOM CAMPUS) FACULTY: HEALTH SCIENCES DEPARTMENT: SCHOOL OF PSYCHOSOCIAL HEALTH VACANCY: ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR / SENIOR LECTURER PEROMNES NUMBER: A6 / A7 POSITION NUMBER: P000143 PERMANENT APPOINTMENT Purpose of the position: Teaching undergraduate and postgraduate students in psychology. Supervision of practical work of M1 students, as well as research supervision of postgraduate students
Functional/Technical competencies (Knowledge and Skills)
- Computer literacy
- Conceptual skills
- Problem solving and conflict management
- Time management skills
- Ability to effectively develop, use and facilitate online teaching, studying and communication
- Emotional maturity
- Interpersonal and diversity management skills
- Professional and ethical integrity and committed to continued professional development
- Ability to work well in complex teams (including across campus collaboration)
ENQUIRIES : Prof Elmari Deacon, 018 299 1728
CLOSING DATE : 30 October 2020
COMMENCEMENT OF DUTIES : As soon as possible
TO APPLY : Please visit our website: [Link Disabled]
The University subscribes to and applies the principles of the Employment Equity Act and is committed to transformation.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment. If you are not contacted within two months from the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- Masters Degree in Counselling / Clinical / Research Psychology
- PhD in Psychology
- Registration as COUNSELLING / CLINICAL / RESEARCH PSYCHOLOGIST with the HPCSA
- 3 Years’ supervision experience as a registered counselling / clinical or research psychologist
- 2 Years’ experience with students
- 2 Years’ proven research supervision and publication record
Clinical learning environment
- Teaching and learning to undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Integrate service learning and work-integrated learning in relevant modules
- Facilitation of contact and online sessions.
- Internal and external assessment/moderation.
- Development of study material.
- Supervision of student’s practical work.
- Participation in the applicable research entity.
- Supervision of postgraduate students.
- Publication of scholarly articles
- General academic administration