Trainee Planner 2021
We are hiring Trainee Planners within our Apparel, Home, and Sports retailers for 2021
Trainee Planner opportunities are aimed at producing fully trained and equipped Retail Merchandise Planners.
The purpose of Retail Merchandise Planning is to make sure we invest in the right products at the right price and allocate products to the right store at the right time
- Learning & Development – Here you bridge the gap between the classroom and the working world. It’s on the job learning of the merchant processes relevant to merchandise planning so you are ready for succession into a Planner role
- Forecasting Stock and Sales – Creating the correct sales forecast under supervision, to regulate the best stock levels to increase profits for the categories
- Trade Optimization – Always identify areas of opportunity and risk within the current performance of planned stock and sales forecasted and develop individual portfolio actions to correct the plan to maintain the forecasted sales route
- Merchandise Process – Prepare and present proposals based on analyzed product performance data, market research, industry best practice, and innovation so you provide the customer with a quality assortment of fashionable and contemporary products to drive sales and increase profits
- Reporting & Analysis – Extract and analyze reports to provide notes and insight under supervision. This will be used in day to day operations and Merchandise Review Processes to further the seasonal merchandise strategy
- Administrative Support – Complete various admin duties to support the efficient running of the Planning and Merchandise function and completing the business strategy
- A completed Degree/ Diploma in Finance, Supply Chain & Logistics, Retail Business Management, Economics, Business Science, Statistics
- Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft excel
- High level of numeracy, attention to detail, analytical thinking, problem solving & an appetite for learning
Mr Price Group is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to Employment Equity.