KwaZulu-Natal Museum invites unemployed graduates to apply Internship Programme 2020 / 2021.
Internship Application closing date: 06 November 2020
Internship Location: Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal
PROVINCIAL RECRUITMENT OF PUBLIC ARTS PRORAMME PARTICIPANTS
(REFERENCE DSAC-KZN PESP)
As part of the Presidential Employment Stimulus Programme announced by the President to mitigate the impacts of the COVID 19 pandemic, The Presidency and The Department of Sport, Arts & Culture,in partnership with the KwaZulu-Natal Museum(Implementing Agent) are recruiting young people with the necessary skills and where necessary, relevant qualifications to be involved in any of the following 31 available work opportunities for a period of 2 months:
- 3 x interns for COVID-19 prevention and control,
- 3 x interns for data basing of heritage collections,
- 15 x interns for the promotion of the Museum’s heritage artefacts and national symbols murals,
- 1 x intern for the Museum’s marketing and online content development,
- 2 x digital artists to produce creative promotional digital content for the Museum’s social media pages and website,
- 3 x interns for developing online content for education outreach,
- 1 x intern for creating virtual tour of selected Museum galleries to be posted online,
- 1 x intern for painting mural on the pillars at the Museum’s reception area,
- 1 x intern for the Supply Chain Management Unit, and
- 1 x graphic artist for the Exhibitions Department.
The successful applicants will also be required to fulfil the following functions, while participating in the programme:
- Implement Public Arts activities, in communities as identified by the Implementing Agent and schools.
- Create Public Arts project activities that are dealing with the themes of National Symbols, GBV and COVID-19 prevention awareness in selected communities.
- Maintain constant attendance of project activities and complete tasks as assigned by the Implementing Agent.
- Be prepared to work individually and as part of team(s) that implement, coordinate and support Public Arts activities in the community.
- Be able to work under pressure, take own initiative, have good inter-personal skills and understand community structures.
- Report on the project work activities areas they have participated in,and acquire skills and support Public Arts activities in the community.
- Compile and create a portfolio of evidence that include promotion and popularization of National Symbols of South Africa.
- Commit to use this time towards their own personal development and growth.
The following compulsory requirements will be used to select suitable candidates:
- Candidate must have a minimum Grade 11qualification.
- Applications should be on Z83 forms obtained in all public offices.
- Candidate must indicate the exact job/internship/creative activity relevant to the above work opportunities.
- Candidate for creative arts must present his/her portfolio of copies of fiveexamples of their work in jpeg, and/or on A4 size paper in colour.
- Candidate must submit his/her Application form, CV and for Support Services, present certified copies of their qualifications.
- Candidate must have skills, qualifications and/or experience in creative arts, culture and heritage.
- Candidate must be in the category of Out of school youth and not employed.
- Candidate must be a citizen of South Africa and be a young person(i.e. between the ages of 18 and 35 years)
- Candidate must be self-initiator, be pro-active, and have fair facilitation and presentation skills
- Candidate must be able to communicate in English and good local language proficiency
- Candidate must have strong community background and be willing to work within nominated communities.
NB: Young people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The KwaZulu-Natal Museum is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer whose aim is to promote representativity in all levels of occupational categories in the institution.
The Implementing Agent will provide monthly stipend and Work Orientation Sessions.
How to apply
Applications should be directed to: The Chief Human Resources Officer, KwaZulu-Natal Museum. They can be hand delivered to 237 Jabu Ndlovu Street, Pietermaritzburg, 3201; or posted to Private Bag 9070, Pietermaritzburg, 3200 or Email: [email protected]
Please fill in and sign a Z83 form indicating the specific job / internship /creative activity you are applying for, and a summarised copy of your Curriculum Vitae (CV), Certified Copies of your ID, qualifications and copies of five (5) examples of your work.
Enquiries: call [033-345 1404], Mrs. Lindiwe Molefe.
For latest South African lastest Internships, Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Bursaries follow / like our Facebook page StudentRoom