The Senior Sales Representative responsibilities include ensuring that current customers have the right products, identify new markets and customer leads, as well as pitch prospective customers. Maintaining good customer relations and pursuing new sales opportunities. The seniority of the role will be determined by the years of sales experience as well as the book size managed by the incumbent.
Areas of Responsibility (Your duties will include but are not limited to:)
- Promote sales and secure orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach
- Demonstrates products to existing and potential customers and assist them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
- Makes telephone calls, in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers
- Researches sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential
- Develop clear and effective written quotations for current and prospective customers
- Coordinate sales effort with marketing, sales, account receipts and logistics
- Analyze the territory’s potential and determine the value of existing and prospective customers’ value to the Company
- Plan and organize personal sales strategy by maximizing the GP for the Product
- Department and Rep Code Area
- Customer Service
- Establishes, develops, and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned Rep Code Area to generate new business for Company products
- Attend to and expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints
Reporting & Counting
- Supply management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities and potential for new products and services
- Product Knowledge and Further Development
- Participate in trade shows and conventions
- Keep up to date with new products, market conditions, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of relevant literature and consulting with the marketing department
- Identify advantages and compare organization’s products
- Support department managers and co employees.
- Actively participate as a member of the team
- Performing any other task, not specified herein, which from time to time may be assigned by the manager.
- Housekeeping and Safety Standards
- Ensure that cleaning and housekeeping standards on equipment and work areas are maintained according to laid down standards and norms.
- Ensure Personal hygiene standards are maintained
- Take reasonable care for own health and safety as well as the health and safety of others
- Ware the correct PPE in accordance with the company policy and procedures
- No interference or abuse of any health, safety, and environmental welfare equipment.
- Be actively involved in the OHS System, partake in OHS activities as and when directed
Knowledge, skills, and experience required
- Grade 12
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand Afrikaans and English
- Tertiary Qualification in Sales/Marketing will be to applicants’ advantage
- Proven experience as a sales representative or other sales/customer service role
- Proven track record of successfully meeting sales quota
- Valid License with own reliable transport
- Ability to learn about products and services and present/describe/explain them to prospective clients
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outgoing and not afraid to ‘put yourself out there’
- Able to handle rejection
- Outstanding negotiation skills with the ability to resolve issues and address complaints
- Operational Agility
- Ensure Vision, Mission and Values underpin all activities
- Good knowledge of Meat products.
- Ability to show initiative
- Self-motivated and dedicated
- Performance Driven