Itec is looking for two networking engineers to design, install and configure telecommunications circuits. The role will oversee small to moderately complex circuit provisioning orders.
- Managing the installation and turn-up of connectivity; ensure contractual acceptance is met in accordance with vendor MSA including receipt and review of circuit design records and circuit testing results
- Ensuring circuits are designed to standard (resiliency/redundancy, latency, etc.)
- Working with various data centres, vendors, internal teams, and partners to troubleshoot connectivity and provide clean handoff for activation
- Testing, troubleshooting, and acceptance of all cross connects and telecommunication circuits.
- Identify trends and proactively recommend hardware and fibre augments.
- Providing support for new site builds, moves, and expansions; plan large scale circuit migrations with data centre providers, vendors and partners.
- Communicating with Technical Infrastructure Delivery, Business Operations, Logistics, and Network Engineering teams to streamline work of the various stakeholders.
- Working with data centre vendors and telecommunication providers to ensure reliable and functional connectivity per company standards.
- Reducing potential risks to upcoming projects timelines, by identifying issues and providing solutions.
- Managing vendor for on time delivery of services, escalate issues to account teams as appropriate and manage expectations of customers both internal and external on a periodic basis.
- Conducting regularly scheduled audits of all connectivity to ensure accurate inventory and invoicing.
- Manage routing and switching activity as and when need on the company’s core infrastructure.
- Assist with network and core system related maintenance and support on an ongoing basis as required by the CTO
•IT Diploma or Higher certificate
•CISCO certification in progress or completed (CCNA / ICND1 minimum)
•Information systems – N+, A+, S+, Linux certification
•MtCNA or MTCRE – Mikrotik certification an advantage
•3 to 5 years + knowledge and experience working within telecommunications industry
Competencies and attributes:
•Highly developed IT skills
•Strong written and spoken communication skills
•Practical technical and research skills
•Problem-solving and analytical skills
•Attention to detail
Medical Aid and Pension Fund