Ensure that the house-keeping or general maintenance of the retail centre and other handyman duties are undertaken with respect to Growthpoint’s planned maintenance and emergency work programme.
Duties and responsibilities
• Ensure that compliance is maintained within required building and statutory regulations and Growthpoint standards;
• Maintenance of efficient responses/feedback to complaints/queries received from tenants;
• Carry out general maintenance or housekeeping duties as directed by work instructions;
• All administration/correspondence and follow up functions related to the position.
Competencies and Skills
• Basic knowledge of the methods, material, tools, equipment, safety hazards and the safety precautions used in building management (Appropriate use of tools and
experience in using them is necessary);
• Painting, tiling, electrical and other general handyman skills;
• Tenant liaison experience is essential;
• Driver’s license and own transport (advantageous).
• Ability to work after hours and on weekends when required
• Must have a hands-on approach – electrical, plumbing, HVAC installations, fire regulations.