1. Effective management of the regional financial performance
Manage relationship between actual results, budgets and forecasts
Initiate cost saving model and controls
Gross Margin Management
- Direct Wage control / ER management
- Overheads control
- Contract profitability
- Ensuring that claims against the Company are prevented or minimized through regular customer risk assessments.
Existing Revenue Growth
Manage the Region’s cash flow.
2. Effective management staff within region:
- Staff turnover analysis, proper allocation of staff to positions and structure.
- Succession Planning and Employment Equity
- Attendance of subordinates at scheduled training interventions (WSP and ATR comparison), meeting of employment equity goals, succession planning.
- Staff motivation levels
- Ensuring that performance assessments of all subordinate employees are conducted, and corrective action implemented where necessary.
- Ensuring that acceptable standards of behaviour at work are maintained by all subordinate employees, as required by G4S’s code of conduct and disciplinary code.
- Ensuring that all disciplinary actions are conducted in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
3. Effective management of operations
Client retention and customer service levels
- Proportion of contracts lost
- Ensuring that all required formal customer meeting are scheduled, attended and minuted.
Quality Management/Ops Process management – adherence to quality standard
- QA audit results and operational matrix
Shared Best Practice
- Specific examples of implementation of BP from other regions
4. Effective management of business development function
New business development
- Identifying new business opportunities in the region’s sphere of operations, as well as in terms of growth of business with existing customers, driven by the promotion of integrated security solutions.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the competitor environment faced by the region.
Managing and shaping the external environment
- Involvement in community and business forums and general public profile
5. Implementation and integration of the HSSEC strategy and culture within business unit:
- Embed health and safety awareness and responsible behavior with operational team, through consistent focus on health and safety compliance and discipline.
- Drive health and safety awareness down to supervisory level through communication, enforcement of guidelines and principles, reporting and training
- Highlight heath and safety examples, both good and bad, to reinforce message and drive to achieve zero harm within our business.
- Monitor and reduce the number of health and safety incidents. Oversee investigations into incidents and related matters, both to address non-compliance and to reinforce awareness.