procurement officer is also responsible for the purchase of products and services in the organization. They have to approve the best products or services that have low prices after reviewing and analysing all options. Quality is also an important factor to consider when approving a purchase. It is your duty as an officer to ensure that all products and services are of high quality, regardless of price.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Research potential Suppliers
• Compare and evaluate offers from suppliers
• Negotiate pricing
• Place orders as needed according to urgency
• Track order details (e.g. Suppliers,Quantities,Prices) into internal databases
• Preparing enquiries
• Review quality of purchased products (Inspect materials)
• Maintain updated records of purchased products, delivery information and invoices
Desired Experience & Qualification
• Minimum Matric (Grade 12)
• Preferably Male
• Proven work experience in the procurement environment
• Good knowledge of supplier sourcing practices (Researching, evaluating and liaising with suppliers)
• Negotiating skills
• Good calculating skills
• Be able to work under pressure
• Must be deadline orientated
• Sage (Evolution) knowledge will be an advantage
• Autocad will be an advantage for the procurement officer in Piping and fittings.(Technical drawings of fittings and chambers.)
• General building materials knowledge will be an advantage for the procurement officer in Building Materials.
Package & Remuneration
R10 000- R20 000pm – To be discussed based on experience.
A successful candidate will be entitled to the below benefits after the given probation period:
• 13th month pay cheque annually.
• Pension fund benefits
• Medical Aid benefits