Drakenstein Municipality hereby invites applications for recruitment to the post of Occupational Health and Safety Officer. The application will close on 30th October 2020.
Location: Western Cape
Drakenstein Municipality advertised post is as follows:
- OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY OFFICER (REF NO: CS-HR-OHS1)
- Occupational Certificate: Occupational Health and Safety Practitioner (NQF Level 5) or a relevant tertiary qualification in the field of Health, Safety and Environment i.e. SAMTRAC or equivalent qualification.
- Registered or in the process of SACPCMP registration as a Health and Safety Officer.
- Code B Driver’s license
- Must be registered with the relevant professional body
- Computer Literacy (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Resourcelink/PayDay)
- Knowledge and understanding of COIDA, HIRA and SHE systems tools.
- Good writing, administrative, interpersonal and communication skills
- Training skills
- Knowledge of relevant OHS legislation
- Ability to work under pressure
- Proficient in at least 2 of the 3 official languages in the Western Cape
- 2 – 3 Years’ relevant experience in the HR field and health and safety.
How to apply
Your application can be submitted via email to: [email protected] or For submission of hardcopies and email applications, application forms can be obtained from the Human Resources Offices, PO Box 1, Berg River Boulevard, Paarl 7622, telephone numbers: 021 807 4508/ 021 807 6459/ 021 807 6318/ 021 807 6253 (Mondays to Fridays from 10:00 until 15:00) or on the Drakenstein Municipality website. There will be no forms issued from 13:00 to 13:30.