Tshipi é Ntle Manganese Mining Proprietary Limited is an independently operated and managed, black empowered manganese ore producer. Tshipi é Ntle means “beautiful steel” in the local Tswana language.
Tshipi is not only the largest single manganese mine and exporter from South Africa but is also one of the five largest manganese ore exporters globally.
Based in the Kalahari Manganese Field (KMF), the largest manganese-bearing geological formation in the world, Tshipi Borwa Mine is a shallow open-cast operation developed on a large and homogenous ore body with a currently confirmed life of mine reserve of approximately 30 years
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To take responsibility for the upkeep, lubrication and servicing of allotted vehicles, motors, generators and equipment. To fully assist and support the Artisan in his/her daily maintenance and repair tasks. To clean, maintain and store tools and equipment in the prescribed fashion. To ensure good order, safety and housekeeping of work areas.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Service and maintain equipment according to prescribed procedures and standards.
- Ensure the correct parts, tools and equipment are available as and when required.
- Perform regular inspections and monitoring to ensure plant, equipment and other are
- performing to required standard.
- Productively assist the Artisan in his/her duties.
- Identify maintenance issues and report to Artisan.
- Perform all and any maintenance related tasks as requested.
- Perform related administrative duties timeously to required standard.
- Demonstrate an understanding of cost, productivity, efficiency, and other business principles in performing duties.
- Reports unsafe work conditions and behaviour as well as incidents and accidents.
- Conduct risk assessments and pre work inspections.
- Adhere to SOPs, works instructions, policies and procedures
- Ensure adherence to all relevant legislation e.g. MHSA etc.
- Matric (Grade 12)
- Technical training would be advantageous
- Valid Driver’s licence
HOW TO APPLY
|INTERNAL APPLICANTS: The vacancy can be accessed via SharePoint, Internal vacancies, or drop your updated CV in the relevant box in the HR Recruitment office.
EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: Please log onto www.tshipi.co.za.
Click on Opportunities, click on Careers and select this vacancy.