A food manufacturing company based in Makhado has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Artisan: Seamer Mechanic with 3 – 5 experience in a similar role within an FMCG. Must have knowledge of seamers and fillers, sterilization equipment, rotary and static cookers.
- Matric plus N6 Technical Certificate;
- Fitter and Turner Trade Certificate and/or Diploma/Degree in Related Field Either (Mechanical Eng.)
- 3 – 5 FMCG background Experience
- Seamer experience will be advantageous
- PLC and Electrical experience will be advantageous
- Canned Food Processing Equipment (CFPE) experience
- Demonstrate behavior in support of company safety procedures with focus on zero injuries. Keep work areas and equipment clean and safe.
- Follow and comply with all Safe Quality Food (SQF), HACCP, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
- Effectively and accurately troubleshoot and make routine adjustments and repairs to industrial equipment and machinery to maintain production and maintenance schedules.
- Monitor repairs and validate that the problem has been solved. Own the problem until resolved with a focus on doing it right the first time.
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance as assigned, including cleaning and lubricating to maintain the proper working order of filling and seaming equipment and machinery.
- Focus on improving and optimizing PMs by providing feedback on assigned PMs.
- Lead junior artisans, general workers on shift to adhere health and safety act.
- Participate in the Breakdown Elimination process to reduce the frequency of breakdowns and improve equipment reliability.
- Make decisions that are “best for the business” with regards to maintenance costs and overall productivity.
- Perform and validate changeovers on equipment and machinery as needed including pin height and tooling changes.
- Dismantle, evaluate, and rebuild fillers and seamers as needed. Focus on quality of workmanship by doing the job right the first time and be accountable for results.
- Prioritize work based on business needs.
- Maintain a high level of urgency in response to tasks assigned.
- Follow Maintenance Standard Procedures and seek to improve machinery specific procedures where possible.
- Share knowledge and experience with others including dedicated training as assigned.
- Work overtime as required to achieve production and maintenance schedules.
- Perform other duties that the Maintenance Manager might require.
- Repair and fabricate industrial parts using machine shop tools such as drill press, band saw, grinder, and welding/brazing equipment.
- Perform proper rigging and lifting of equipment and machinery as needed using hoists, cranes, and other rigging equipment.
- Document all seam adjustments in maintenance log books in order to maintain.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of Seamers and Fillers
- Excellent knowledge of Rotary and Static Cookers
- Knowledge of sterilization equipment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work as an individual and as a team
- Time management skills
- Able to work shifts