||Friday 18th of September 2020
Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) invites candidates to apply for Finance Internship Programme for 2020 / 2021.
The CSIR has Internship opportunity in the Finance portfolio. The purpose of these internships is to provide graduates with an opportunity to gain practical work experience through performing accounting and administrative duties. These positions are based in Pretoria.
- Process financial transactions under guidance and supervision to ensure the transactions are recorded accurately, in compliance with policies, processes, guidelines and legislation;
- Perform financial account reconciliations to identify discrepancies or items to be actioned and ensure that all transactions are recorded in the correct accounting period;
- Prepare, obtain and attach supporting documentation for approvals before processing journals for correct allocation and accounting;
- Follow up and resolve queries received from units, suppliers or customers, and where required, escalate to supervisor or accountant for action;
- Keep record of all financial documents, e.g. journals, write-off’s, transfers, recons and count sheets for future reference and audit purposes;
- Assist with month-end and year-end processes to enable financial departments to meet deadlines and process all financial transactions before final closure;
- Physical verification of assets and scanning of bar codes at all CSIR locations;
- Follow-up visits with departments to verify, gather and compare additional available information;
- Create a consistent audit trail used to link the reconciled inventory file with the existing fixed asset accounting records;
- Quarterly document management to ensure a ready to be audited paper trail.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A three year diploma or degree in accounting or finance;
- Good understanding and ability to implement basic accounting principles;
- Basic knowledge of VAT principles, Microsoft Office Suite and email;
- Ability to function under pressure and manage stress;
- Good office administrative and record keeping skills;
- Good analytical and problem solving skills;
- Good time management and planning skills;
- Effective communication and listening skills;
- Effective and professional writing skills;
- Attention to detail and excellent interpersonal skills;
- Sound work ethic and ability to work in large teams is essential.
How to apply
The post CSIR: Learnership/Internships for 2020/ 2021 appeared first on Latest Jobs.