The Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) invites unemployed graduates to apply for Heavy Vehicle Simulator Assistant Operator Internship Programme 2021.
Internship Application Closing Date: 29 January 2021
Internship Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
The CSIR has an internship opportunity for Interns: Heavy Vehicle Simulator Assistant Operator in the Transport Infrastructure Engineering impact area within the Smart Mobility cluster. The research group strives to effectively and efficiently deliver practical, innovative, knowledge-based solutions addressing the infrastructure needs of the transport sector through the accelerated testing of roads with the Heavy Vehicle Simulator (HVS) and associated research and data analysis. The group plays a leading role in the development, application and transfer of processes and technologies for the design, construction and maintenance of roads. This position is based in Pretoria.
- Provide assistance in operation of the HVS to conduct HVS testing on roads
- Provide assistance in mechanical and/or electrical maintenance of the HVS and associated equipment
- Gather and record HVS machine related information, environmental data as well as all visual information
- Conduct field instrumentation, survey measurements and data acquisition.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A Technical diploma in an engineering related field;
- Ability to liaise with HVS operator and project leader on a continuous basis to keep them informed on progress
- Excellent Microsoft office skills;
- Good interpersonal and team skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as in an interdisciplinary team;
- Must be self-motivated;
- Problem-solving and solution-seeking orientation;
- Must have good communication and writing skills.
How to apply
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
For latest South African lastest Internships, Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Bursaries follow / like our Facebook page StudentRoom