You will also be responsible for the following:
Monitor the impact of the Medical Schemes Act and trends in Private health Finance
– Review of contents of statutory returns; Analysis of non-accounting data, including demographics, utilisation of healthcare services, burden of disease and geographic distribution of membership for quarterly and annual statutory returns; Conduct exploratory data analysis;
– Provide statistical input into research projects; Conduct research on the private health care sector; and Evaluate and revise definitions of non-financial indicators (including PMBs).
Statistical and analytical functions
– Data analysis and evaluation of submissions (comparative trend and statistical analysis);
– Consolidation and analysis of actuarial assumptions for benefit changes and contribution increases;
– Review of economic and health indicators for actuarial assumptions;
– Adhoc data and statistical analysis for projects e.g. the revision of the solvency framework, NHI etc. ; and provide data and analytics support to survey studies.
Systems development and maintenance:
– Develop data specifications for submission of healthcare utilization data; and
– Creation of analysis tools, templates, and reports for adhoc projects.
– Extract data from databases and performing ad-hoc queries;
– Review, maintain analyse, and validate data to ensure consistency, integrity, completeness and accuracy based on project specific guidelines and create detailed reports;
– Assist in developing and maintain documentation and data management guidelines, standards and procedures;
– Assist in the development and implementation of strategy for data cleaning and advising on the design and programming of databases;
– Develop templates for data collection and reporting; and
– Liaise with stakeholders and internal staff to resolve problems with data submissions, resubmissions, data quality, and delivery issues related to the transmission and/or processing of such data.