Safety: Responsible for the Safety and Housekeeping in area of work, equipment and tools. Reports any unsafe equipment, act or place to the safety representative and to Foreman or Supervisor or Manager.
- Participate in health, safety and environmental meetings & initiatives
- Complete and prepare any checklists or reports if elected into safety role (SHE Rep, Fire Fighter, First Aider)
Production: Achieve daily minimum quantities and tasks as agreed to by line manager.
- Inspect hire equipment for damage to determine the extent of repair required.
- Remove and strip damaged elements/parts from hire equipment after inspection and repair/condition equipment as per the Standard Operating Procedure, in line with required safety, performance and quality standards.
- Grinding, welding and steel works as required on Autoboxes, IBC’s & Cages
- Participate in projects and trials involving process improvements, equipment changes & updates.
- RFID Tag inspection & fitment as required by PQS and SOP.
- Ensures the availability of spares to carry out work as required. Notify foreman / plant clerk when spares availability reaches pre-determined minimum level.
Quality: Repairs, conditions and maintains equipment to a set standard with the correct tools as agreed to with your first line manager.
- Responsible for safekeeping and proper use of tools and equipment.
- Maintain and update daily production records and reports.