Midvaal Local Municipality invites applicants to apply for Graduate / Internship Programme 2020.
Internship Application Closing Date : 31 July 2020
Internship Location : Cape Town
Cannsun Medhel has 2 X Graduate Internship Opportunities for a driven individual to contribute to the long-term success at a rapidly growing, innovative and advanced production practices.
This role will work closely with and report to the Operations Manager to manage all aspects of crop production for the facility. This role is focused on production scheduling, plant nutrition, inventory management, record keeping and upkeep with Good Agricultural Practices.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about plants, growing and sustainable crop production and embraces plants and plant studies. Come join our team that is rooted in plant bioscience and focused on optimizing all aspects of production to produce best in class yields and quality.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Support Facility Manager, Head Grower and/or operations manager
- Plant Nutrition
- Learn and apply Principles of GACP
- Production Schedules
- Assist block supervisors with daily tasks as allocated
- Inventory Management
- Willing to learn and acquire innovative skills in the growing niche sector.
- Plant Science, Horticulture, Plant Production or Related Agricultural Field
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to thrive at work under minimal supervision/direction
- Available to work flexible hours as required
- Commercial production understanding and knowledge in hydroponic plant nutrition
- Commercial production undertaking and knowledge in leafy greens and herbs
- Good academic results.
The ideal candidate:
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving, attention to detail, and leadership skills
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Reliable and highly motivated with a creative flair and lively personality
- Passionate commitment to the company vision.
- Appreciation to principles of sustainable agriculture and biosciences.
How to apply
Email CVs and certificates to [email protected].
NB: Women and Previously Disadvantaged Graduates residing in the Western Cape Province encouraged to apply.
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit Govnet.co.za