POSITION: MAINTENANCE TRADESMAN
CTC: R 25,000.00
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Grade 12
- Boilermaker or Fitter qualification
- Relevant experience in related field
- Operational Agility
- Previous experience in maze and/or wheat mills
- OHSA Regulations and Legislative Standards
- Basic Food Safety knowledge as per induction
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Any further knowledge / skill as required by employer of industry norm
- Must be found medical fit by Occupational Medical Practitioner for job appointed for
- Daily fault finding on all plant and machines as directed, breakdown repairs on machines and plant as per fault finding
- Log other faults for shut down maintenance, shut down maintenance as per schedule
- Report all major faults to maintenance manager
- Installation or upgrade of equipment as per instruction
- Enhances maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Daily management of maintenance assistants in terms of time management and productivity
- Complete Job Card Submission after execution of every work instruction
- Ensures that cleaning and housekeeping standards on equipment and work areas are maintained according to laid down standards and norms
- Maintain safe work environment by ensuring all pre inspections and safety checks are done, all machine or electrically operated machinery are locked out and relevant permits are obtained (where required in case of hazardous tasks) before commencement of any job or task.
- Upon completion ensure relevant safety and quality checks are conducted and signed off by relevant parties.
If you haven’t heard from BSTS within 2 weeks of your application, please consider it unsuccessful for this position.