- An automotive manufacturer in Pretoria is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer for a 12 months fixed term contract
Purpose of the Role
- Represent PTO Manufacturing and Engineering at VO Plants.
- Lead timely communications of PTO concerns at VO Plants.
- Lead concern verification of damaged and/or nonconforming Powertrain assemblies within the Assembly Plants
- Serve as core member of the Powertrain VRT, supporting Production, driving Quality and Customer Satisfaction through the Quality Operating System.
- Team participation in PTO, PCT and PRT processes.
- Coordinate PTO engineering/manufacturing trials at VO Plants.
- Support PTO/PTSE launch teams on new model launches at VO Plants.
- Enforce VO process disciplines affecting PTO products.
- Evaluate production vehicles for PTO conformance.
- Follow GQIP philosophy thoroughly, especially considering ECB and BSAQ process.
- Verifies the non-conforming Powertrain assemblies reported and provides first level investigation / analysis of non-conforming components
- Coordinate Stop-Ship recovery efforts for PTO products at VO Plants.
- Actively support 6-Sigma process for Powertrain.
- Attend and present in Functional Quality Reviews
Minimum experience and qualifications required
- B-Eng, or B-Tech degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience in powertrain plant processes, machining and final assembly is preferred.
- Powertrain QOS Experience is preferred.
- Experience in change management activities is required.
- Six Sigma Black Belt advantageous
- BSAQ System Knowledge
Behavioural skills required
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding of vehicle powertrain systems
- Ability to conduct evaluations independently according to requested procedure.
- Understand Manufacturing environment.
- Ability to lead investigations into product quality and plant process issues, then apply proper engineering reasoning in order to achieve sound resolution of issues.
- Good interpretation of technical information and good writing skills.
- Ability to create (and deliver presentations of) 6-Panels and G8D’s.
- Problem Solving Using 6 Sigma Principles