- Manage and improve operational performance
- Analyse planned daily receipts and ensure resources are available to execute daily plans.
- Receiving lanes are cleared daily for next day’s shipments
- All shipments are offloaded and pre-received into the system within 3hours of shipments arrival at BMG World.
- Liaise with the Shipping department to ensure that all shipments are captured and transferred on time.
- Ensure that all shipments are pre-received and handed over to the sorting supervisor within 1hrs of receipt of all shipments.
- Recommend internal procedures and processes, which will improve effectiveness and efficiency in the
- receiving area and ensure adherence thereoff.
- Provide information for management forums, contributing accurate details to enable sound decision-making.
- Conduct continuous daily checks on the WMS dashboards, ensuring that individual and team performance are managed according to agreed targets.
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly reported feedback on productivity metrics; reflecting accurate information on efficiencies, by due date.
- All stock in the receiving area in accounted for at any point in time.
2. Maintain the Receiving Area
- Conduct daily visual checks on the condition of the working environment, address issues of non-compliance immediately
- Report and follow up on maintenance problems such as damage to equipment and/or roller doors/flooring; deal with problems by liaising with the relevant stakeholders
- Ensure sufficient resources and equipment available to perform daily tasks
3. Manage the use of material handling equipment
- Arrange that machine operators reciev the required training to operate equipment
- Organise the safekeeping of equipment utilised, making recommendations to address potential risks appropriately
- Deal with problems relating to the use of equipment by liaising with the SHEQ Officer, ensuring timely resolutions
4. Employee Management
- Manage the performance of staff in accordance with the BMG performance management policy and procedure
- Identify training and development needs, implementing plans, to address requirements, as appropriate
- Manage staff resources and productivity, minimizing absenteeism and time keeping
- Compile work plans for the section achieving a consolidation of operational plans
- Faciliate communication through appropriate structures and systems
- Deal with queries and escalated issues in timely manner, achieving resolution
5. Manage Health & Safety in the respective zone
- Ensure SHEQ policy is understood and adhered to be all team members
- Identify and report potential risk within your work environment
- Ensure that all incidents and accidents are reported and investigated properly in accordance with the policy
- Manage the housekeeping to world class standard
- Communicate daily SHEQ issues through Toolbox Talks
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- 3-4 years’ experience in a warehouse environment in a supervisor postion
- Planning & organising skills
- Quality orientation
- Attention to detail
- Customer focus