Main purpose of the Job:
The incumbent in this position will plan and execute daily mechanical work to provide an effective and efficient maintenance service to the operation. The incumbent will also report frequently on maintenance breakdowns, preventative maintenance adherence and ensure optimum asset integrity.
- Prioritise breakdowns by ensuring that they are attended to safely and in the shortest possible time
- Plan and execute daily mechanical work on site
- Assist in controlling a comprehensive preventative maintenance program
- Maintain company assets within specification
- Ensure optimum equipment availability
- Maintain locomotives, compressors, pumps, condensers, valves, diesel engines
- Perform mechanical standby duties
- Supervise labour when required
- Overhaul and test valves and mechanical pumps
- Install mechanical seals, pumps, pipes, gearboxes and v-belts
- Inspect pipeline and flexible hoses
- Attend to planned maintenance as per works order system
- Connect and disconnect cargo ships when required
- Operate within the parameters of the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Proactively participate in Safety Meetings and promote teamwork.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes Required:
- Basic Computer knowledge
- Knowledge of ISO standards
- Supervisory or work team leading experience
- Good people/ Engineering customer service skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- SAP practical knowledge