Join this highly driven and focused team in the position of Electrician. You will be required to maintain, install and commission the electrical components of machinery and equipment. Safety is our focus and you will be familiar with risk assessment procedures.
This is a 6 month Fixed Term Contract.
We take safety seriously. So will you.
High performing teams that work together to make decisions and get things done more effectively are crucial to Anglo American’s success.
Guided by our purpose and our values, we enable both high performance and purposeful action as we aim to “re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives”, delivering the metals and minerals that make modern life possible – from mobile phones to medicines.
We strive to create collaborative working environments, where inclusion and diversity is celebrated. We recognise that diverse views encourage and support high performance and innovative thinking. So, we always treat people with respect, dignity and common courtesy, regardless of background, lifestyle or position. In this way we encourage accountability, build trust and enable our colleagues to deliver results and reach their full potential.
Here’s an exciting opportunity to join us.
Some of the key responsibilities for this role includes:
- Achievement of safe production performance levels through the effective maintenance, installation and commissioning of equipment (Medium voltage)
- Manage breakdowns and emergencies as well as Planned Maintenance
- Ensure that material, spares and equipment are available as required and job cards are fully completed
- Conducts and participates in safety meetings and Risk Assessments
- Reporting on safety and deviations and record results of all legal examinations
- Ensure proper and adequate on the job training and coaching is provided to trainee artisans
This role is in the Engineering department at a C2 level and reports into the Engineering Foreman.
In order to be successful in your application, you will need:
- Grade 12 with Physical Science and Mathematics / Technical Trade Specifric N2
- Electrician Trade Certificate
- Medium Voltage Certificate
- Experience in a smelting / processing plant would be advantageous
- Good communication in English – read, write and speak
- You will be available to work overtime if necessary as well as be on standby
- Valid code 08 drivers licence and own reliable transport
- Basic computer literacy
- If successful, you will be required to take a Medical Fitness Test
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
03rd August 2020
The post Anglo American: Electrician Vacancy 2020/2021 appeared first on Latest Jobs.