300 Driver Assistants / General workers Required – Gauteng
No experience required
Good communication skills
Start date: immediate
To apply, please send your CV and a photo to [email protected]
Under general supervision, this position performs a variety of work in the maintenance and
repairs of buildings, facilities and equipment.
Note: This Job Description may not encompass the entire scope of this role, as other duties
maybe assigned by management.
• Assist the welders in their general tasks;
• Inform the supervisor of any problems, defects or non-conformities;
• Follow instructions specified in procedures;
• Perform the required maintenance work on equipment;
• Keep equipment clean and in good working condition;
• Occasionally operates hoists and cranes;
• Verify quality of work done;
• Maintain workshop in a clean and orderly manner;
• Performs other related work as required.
All of the above major duties and responsibilities require the ability to be mobile in an industrial
environment, to communicate effectively, organize effectively, with varying degrees of
independence, judgment, and discretion.
Education & Experience
• High School diploma required;
• 1-2 years’ experience as a general worker, or equivalent.
Knowledge & Qualifications
• Knowledge of grinding, painting, sanding, brushing, etc.;
• General maintenance and labor tools, equipment and practices;
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions;
Job title General Worker Effective date January 1st, 2014
Reports to Shop Supervisor /
Terminal Manager Approved by HR Manager
Schedule Monday – Friday Day Shift
8H00 – 16H30
8H30 – 17H00
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step
• Ability to operate a variety of small hand tools.
• Regularly be required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; talk or hear; and smell;
• Will frequently be required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and occasionally sit,
reach with hands and arms and climb or balance;
• Regularly be exposed to outside weather conditions and moving mechanical parts and
• Must be able to sustain a noise level that is usually loud;
• Must be capable of lifting and moving parts up to 30-40 lbs on a consistent basis;
• Must able to work on your feet (stand or walk) for entire assigned work shift;
• Must be willing to perform other general tasks as assigned by Management.
• Proven communication skills both Written and Verbal (English& French);
• Ability to follow instructions and work independently;
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a solid team environment;
• Ability to establish effective working relationships with employees and supervisors;
• Ability to work efficiently;
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment;
• Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• This position has no direct reports.
As a condition of employment, this position is subject to the successful completion of the
following Pre-employment conditions:
• Reference Checks;
• Criminal Background Checks.
The post 300 Driver Assistants / General workers Required appeared first on REAL JOBS OFFICIAL.