Footwear & Accessories Buyer (CPT) – Reporting to the Brand Manager
The purpose of this role will be to create and execute an original range of Footwear and Accessories in line with the Brand strategy and assortment plan in order to achieve and exceed financial objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and build a fully assorted seasonal range of Branded Menswear Footwear and Accessories product.
- Maintain professional relationships with the Brand Principal, manufacturers and suppliers.
- Assist Brand Manager with category pricing and promotions strategy to increase market share & profitability.
- Ensure that the range satisfies both the wholesale and retail strategies and provide input to both channels.
- Collaborate with Planning regarding the achievement of the sales plan and profitability targets.
- To negotiate trading terms and promotional spend and actively cultivate and develop vendor relationships and partnerships to ensure vendor performance and first to market with new product launches.
- To negotiate and select promotional products and price to meet the promotional category sales and margin targets, while ensuring that the day-to-day sales and margin targets are met.
- Negotiate trade terms with Suppliers, sourcing product from the East, and identifying product opportunities.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Essential: Matric qualification
- Essential: Relevant tertiary qualification in Fashion Design or Product Development
- Essential: Minimum 3 years’ experience in Footwear as a Buyer, Merchandiser or Fashion Designer within a retail or fashion environment
- Essential: Competent in the Adobe design suite for development of technical packs
- Essential: Experience in having travelled and sourced from suppliers in the East
- Ability to persuade and influence
- Commercial thinking skills
- Ability to adapt to change
- Communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Planning and organising skills
- Creative with attention to detail
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and understanding of the design and buying process
- Knowledge of garment construction and manufacturing process
- Knowledge of market trends and competitor analysis
- Knowledge and understanding of assortment management
- Knowledge of financial planning
- Knowledge and understanding of supplier negotiations and trading terms