Location: Hotazel, Northern Cape, ZA, 8490
Company: South32 Group Operations Pty. Ltd.
- The purpose of the role is to be responsible for the timely installation, repair and maintenance of equipment to ensure that mining activities are executed in a safe manner and to operate equipment and test all working parts in functional area to ensure proper utilization.
- Serious contenders will have a N2 (internal candidates)/N3 (external candidates) Technical Certificate together with a recognized Electrical trade test and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in maintenance;
- Ability to read electrical drawings is essential;
- Experience in maintenance and fault finding the following machines is essential: Atlas Copco Underground Drill Rigs (282 Rocket Boomers); Atlas Copco Underground Roofbolters (235H Boltec); Sandvik Underground Drill Rigs (DD420) and Sandvik Underground Roofbolters (DS310);
- Maintenance and fault finding on gully boxes, RM6 switchgear, SBV5 switchgear and competency in MV switching will be advantageous;
- Valid Code 08 Driver’s license is essential;
- Computer literacy in MS Office and 1SAP will be advantageous.
- Interprets and coordinates pre-work with regards to repairs, planned and predictive maintenance;
- Accesses any area safely to perform necessary maintenance on machines or equipment;
- Performs safety inspections of equipment and assesses risks on equipment;
- Maintains a clean and safe worksite;
- Ensures the upkeep of maintenance tools and equipment;
- Coordinates activities associated with trouble-shooting and repairing maintenance equipment.
South32 has an overriding commitment to safety and environmental responsibility.
The post South32: Engineering Assistant 2020/2021 appeared first on Latest Jobs.