Job no: 498928
Work type: Permanent
Location: North West
Categories: Engineering, Mining
||Marikana – EPL 3
||27 November 2020
|Type of employment
||No of Positions
Your manager should be aware of and support your application. Pre-screening and psychometric evaluation may form part of the selection process. Short listed candidates will be requested to attend a panel interview. Applicants who receive no response to their applications within 14 days may consider their application for the position to be unsuccessful.
Sibanye-Stillwater is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment.
- N6 / S4 / T3 electronic light current Diploma in Instrumentation or Diploma in Instrumentation and Process Control.
- Passed area specific systems training modules for role within the organisation.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- At least 2 years’ experience in current role.
- Be declared medically fit for the position and environment, as determined by a risk based medical examination at the relevant Sibanye Stillwater Occupational Health Centre.
- Instrumentation Trade Certificate will be an advantage when T3 and S4 Diploma is obtained.
|Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure that safety and legal requirements are adhere to.
- Ensure that Operating standards and procedures are adhere to, up to date and understood by team.
- Monitor the Operational Process regularly to ensure conformance to specifications and understanding of standards.
- Maintain applicable safety devices and Regulations, The Act, Codes of practice and standards appropriate to systems.
- Test new equipment to ensure operation up to standard.
- Ensure all hazardous instrumentations devices are maintained and stored properly. (e.g. Radioactive equipment)
Operationalized and optimise work processes
- Conduct effective planning for function / process.
- Ensure that all planned maintenance schedules are accurately performed.
- Communicate process problems to necessary people.
- Monitor and advice on the settings of machinery to optimise performance.
- Ensure that PLC/ DCS / SCADA programming is performed to standard.
- Maintain and ensure good reliability of field instrumentation, Control and network system and equipment.
- Maintain and ensure good reliability of video surveillance systems.
- Investigate equipment failures, identify the causes and give recommendations with regards to sustainability of equipment.
- Participate in design projects to ensure equipment/instrumentation meet requirements for area specific work.
- Identify opportunities to improve instrument operations.
- Identify risks and threats to the process proactively and take appropriate actions.
Compile accurate system reports and action plans.
- Prepare ad-hic reports for management and other Information customers.
- Ensure the system technical data is accurate and secure.
- Interpret data for first level information reports.
- Ensure that any operational problem that is encountered is reported even if outside immediate area of responsibility.
|Interested parties should complete and submit the standard job application form using the link below:
Website : www.careers.sibanyestillwater.com
HR Contact Person : Zonnica Jooste
Recruitment Person : Lariozette Smit
Contract Details : 014 495 2565
Advertised: 20 Nov 2020 South Africa Standard Time
Applications close: 27 Nov 2020 South Africa Standard Time
How to Apply
Apply Online for the Sibanye-Stillwater: Instrument Technician