Ref No. RTMC/TLE:TO/2020
Purpose: To promote road safety through effective and efficient law enforcement.
Requirements include :
• South African Citizenship
• A Senior Certificate/Grade 12 (NQF Level 4) or equivalent
• Valid driver’s license
• A proven experience in Road Traffic Law Enforcement specialised interventions
• A proven experience in escorting dangerous goods will be advantageous
•. Extensive experience as an Examiner of Vehicle.
The successful candidate must have the following attributes and competencies:
• Proven record of implementation the National Road Traffic Act, National Land Transport Act,
Firearms and Ammunitions Act, Road Traffic Management Act and Criminal Procedure Act.
• Understanding the transport or road sector • Understanding of road traffic management
• Ability to plan, coordinate and lead teams and operations
• A track record in driver
licensing or road worthy testing
• Ability to work under pressure
• Good Communication Skills
• Basic computer literacy
• Basic safety principles
•Implement approved and planned projects in Traffic Law Enforcement and other related legislation
• Conduct roadworthy and vehicle inspections
• Issue notices to operators
contravening the conditions of the permit
• Attend to court proceedings when called upon to testify.
• Conduct escort duties
• Participate in joint law enforcement operations with other law
enforcement agencies •Conduct patrol duties
• Plan and executive Road Traffic Law
Enforcement specialised interventions.
•Identify and eliminate traffic problems through
enforcement of the (NRTA) and relevant pieces of legislation
• Maintain records ad register in
the work conducted and compile reports on outcomes .
• Provide training of personnel when required
• perform specific inspection and investigates problem areas
• Share information and work with other law enforcement agencies as directed and appropriate.
To apply please submit a letter of application (no prescribed template), accompanied by a recent Curriculum Vitae as well as certified copies of qualifications, identity documents and driving license.
To apply please submit a letter of application (no prescribed template), accompanied by a recent Curriculum Vitae as well as certified copies of qualifications, identity document and driving license.
How to apply :
The post FREE TRAFFIC OFFICER TRAINING appeared first on Latest Jobs.