The ILS Paramedic will provide professional emergency medical care within the scope of an Intermediate Life Support Paramedic and supervise operations under the direction of the Advanced Life Support (ALS) Paramedic or his/her designee. Establish, implement, update, train, and enforce medical clinic procedures within the scope of applicable protocols.
- Assist the ALS Paramedic in developing local Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for emergency medical operations.
- Driving (Responding) and staffing ambulances and other emergency vehicles. Assessing patients, providing emergency treatment and making diagnoses within scope of practice. Transporting patients to hospital and continuing to provide treatment while in transit. Providing hospital staff with patient information including condition and treatment.
- Conducts medical training for personnel as required.
- Responsible for the protection of company resources, medical supplies and equipment.
- Responsible for stock issuance and overall control.
- Monitors medical issues and trending emergencies in Wolmaransstad and surrounding areas to ensure personnel are apprised of current medical threats and aware of preventative measures and risks.
- Keeps management informed of any health or operational related issues.
- Manages daily activities of BAA staff members to ensure effective efficiencies in compliance with contractual and legal requirements.
- Reviews of Electronic Medical Reporting forms or Paper Medical Reporting Forms at for proper documentation.
- Provides feedback to the assigned BAA medics on the improvement of their skills and understanding of the SOP’s.
- Ensures that all Patient Report Forms (PRFs) are completed correctly and up to standard.
- Participates in marketing activities.
- Daily vehicle maintenance which includes a pre and post-shift vehicle inspection and wash. Conduct a full equipment audit and inspection.
OTHER or ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Submits reports to the Managing Director and ALS Paramedic as directed.
- Effectively communicates and makes prompt and accurate decisions to help achieve TAC-Pulse ERS goals.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external customers.
- Facilitates the collection of all reports, medical records, and other forms and perform initial quality assurance review.
- Responsible for administering disciplinary actions in accordance with senior management.
- Provides training to subordinates.
- May be required to fill in for ALS Paramedic during his/her absence.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Title of Direct Report(s): BAA / BLS Medics
Title of Supervisor: ALS Paramedic and/or Emergency Care Technician (ECT)
Knowledge & Skills
- Good communication skills are a must.
- Ability to read and interpret all required documents and write required reports and correspondence.
- Comprehensive understanding of emergency medicine.
- Knowledgeable in emergency rescue and stabilization.
- Must have extensive personnel management skills.
- Have in-depth knowledge of life-saving Medical procedures.
- Have knowledge of intermediate cardiology, to include operation of Defibrillator equipment, accurate reading and diagnosis of cardiac strips, and ILS algorithms with appropriate drug treatment protocol.
- Be knowledgeable of Intermediate / Pre-Hospital Trauma Care, to include immediate assessment and treatment of any traumatic life-threatening injury, IV therapy and ECG monitoring.
- Have knowledge of general sick call procedures.
- Inventory management skills are required.
- Intermediate Life Support (ILS) certified and current for the duration of your employment.
- Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) certified an advantage.
Experience & Education
- Current National Ambulance Emergency Assistant Certification or military medical 18D equivalent Certification.
- Certification must be current with all applicable education and all recertification requirements completed.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the medical field as an ILS medic.
- Minimum of 1 year’s supervisory experience.
- Licensure must be current with all applicable education/recertification requirements completed.
- Previous instructors experience an advantage.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Code 10 & PrDP.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Primary duty station(s) are located in Wolmaransstad & Klerksdorp, North West and surrounding areas.
- Place of duty and environmental conditions can be austere, harsh, and work can be performed under life-threatening conditions.
- All employees will undergo Random Drug Testing.
South African Police Clearance
Must have a valid SAPS clearance certificate or be able to obtain one within 4 weeks of initial employment start date. The certificate must have been issued within the last 6 months. SAPS clearance certificate must be renewed annually. Only candidates with a “clean” record will be considered.
The ability to travel domestically.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
The post Free Paramedic Training appeared first on Latest Jobs.