Skip to content
September 18, 2020
Express Employment Professionals: Cash Book Clerk
- Cash Book:
- Process all general expenses (as direct payments on the Cash Book module on Cargowise) and non-recoverable creditors payments (as payments on the Payables module) for main rand account, dollar account and euro account.
- On occasion, when required to fill in for Creditors, will process recoverable payments for all 3 accounts as well.
- Process all non-file related receipts on the Cash Book module for all 3 bank accounts.
- Process all bank transfers on the Cash Book module (either the main account to or from the call account, or from main account to petty cash accounts)
- Perform bank reconciliation on all 3 accounts.
- Petty Cash:
- Capture all petty cash expenses per month Durban, Johannesburg, Cape Town and Crossborder.
- Capture all petty cash transfers (payments from main bank account to petty cash accounts) for the 4 petty cash accounts.
- Perform petty cash reconciliation on 3 accounts (Colleague does the Crossborder recon).
- Deferred Accounts:
- Perform reconciliation on 7 deferred accounts, (there is 8 accounts, Colleague does the eigth one).
- This entails pulling the Customs Payment Summary Report from the Customs module on Cargowise, as well as the Transactions per Payable Account report from the Payables module and reconciling both reports to the SARS statement of account.
- Also required to provide proof of payment for vat entries to clients upon their request. (I am sure Cargowise has the ability to generate a proof of payment report per client, but this facility has not been used).
- Non-recoverable Creditors:
- Perform reconciliations on all non-file related expenses.
- Capture all invoices on the Payables module.
- This entails pulling the Transactions per Payable Account report from the Payable module and reconciling to supplier statements and sending for payment at month-end.
- This also entails sending various expenses for payment on a daily basis when required.
- On occasion, when required to fill in for Creditors, will perform file-related creditor reconciliations as well.