The Energy and Water Sector Education and Training Authority (EWSETA) is a skills development organization providing services for the energy and water sectors. It is one of 21 Sector Education and Training Authorities SETAs established in South Africa. Sector Education and Training Authorities (SETAs) aim to address the skills gap facing the country and enhancing skills in the different sectors of the economy.
EWSETA bursaries invite applicants who wish to pursue a career in the Energy and Water areas of study. South Africans from the disadvantaged community will be preferred.
EWSETA bursary covers the following expenses:
- Tuition fees –Statement of Account
- Books and Stationery from approved university/TVET College bookstores – Supported by university/TVET textbooks and stationery list
- Accommodation–accredited with University/TVET College
NB: Authentic supporting documents will be required to be submitted to EWSETA as these are used as evidence of costs to facilitate payment.
EWSETA Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- Must be in possession of matriculation certificate or equivalent (first-year university or TVET College students)and previous results/academic records for second and third-years students
- Relevant qualification prerequisite for postgraduate applicants
- South African citizens from disadvantaged communities (youth, black, women and people with disabilities)
- Proof of household annual income.
- Qualifications that will be considered are those that respond to and are aligned with the EWETA’s Sector Skills Plan (SSP) with emphasis on the EWSETA strategic thrust, Chapter 3 on hard to fill lists plus the Sectoral Priority Occupation
How to Apply and Application Details
- Download and complete the EWSETA Bursary Application Form. (doc)
- Submit your application together with the following documents to the contact details stated below:
- Certified copy of a valid matriculation certificate
- Certified copy of ID
- If currently studying, full academic records must be attached (mandatory to all relevant applicants)
- For first-time applicants, attach a copy of proof of application and/or provisional acceptance letter offer from university/TVET College (The EWSETA notes that these may not be available at the time of application, however, it will be required as part of the key application process)
- Any other information and/or documentation requested by EWSETA in support of the application.
NB: Authentic supporting documents will be required to be submitted to EWSETA as these are used to validate applications.
- Send applications to either one of the following methods:
- Email the application form and supporting document to: [email protected]
- Post: The EWSETA
P.O Box 1273
- Hand Delivery:
EWSETA Head Office (Gauteng, Limpopo, Mpumalanga)
32 princess of Wales Terrace
Sunnyside Office park
Johannesburg 2000EWSETA Western Cape/ Eastern Cape Provincial Office
False Bay TVET College
7945EWSETA Free State/ Northern Cape Provincial Office
Motheo TVET Central Office
Corner of Aliwal and St Georges Street
9300EWSETA North West Provincial Office
Taletso TVET College
Leah Mangope High Way (between Hospital and Fire Station)
2880EWSETA North West Provincial Office
Orbit TVET College
Reitz Street North
31 January 2021.
Bursaries applications can be submitted throughout the year, as this bursary does not have an appointed time of closing date.
Post: P.O Box 1273 Houghton 2041
Address: EWSETA Head Office (Relevant provincial office), 32 princess of Wales Terrace Sunnyside Office park MPF House Johannesburg 2000
Email: [email protected]
The post EWSETA Bursary 2020 – 2021 appeared first on MULTI YOUTH JOBS.