- Remove ID number.
- Remove Health Status.
- Remove Hobbies, replace with skills and competencies. For example Hobby – Travelling
Comptency – Planning and Coordination.
Look at it this way, in order for you to travel, you will need to thoroughly plan for your trip, all those activities you do in preparation are considered planning and coordination to ensure a successful deliverable, which is you eventually going on the trip.
- Remove Criminal Record (A company can do background checks).
- Remove Marital Status.
- Remove Number of dependants.
- Remove the bold “Curriculum Vitae” at the top.
- Justify and align your page.
- Normally use Font Arial Size 11 (but you can customize)
A resume is used to apply for entry level job, graduate jobs in most cases and it is one page nothing more. Employers are not looking to comb through piles and piles of pages, if so they move right along.
A CV on the other hand can be more than 2 pages normally used to apply for higher or top senior positions, and it has more than one page due to the nature of these positions.
Your CV is what makes your employer want to meet with you, first impressions last!!
The post CV Tips appeared first on LEGIT POST.